As the seasons definitely begin to change (as well they ought, as it is now November! It's been so mild!) I start thinking about my wardrobe for AW and of course with that comes my shoedrobe. I spent today sorting out my clothes; packing away all of my summer things and re-discovering winter goodies stored away at the beginning of the summer time. I like to do this because it helps me to have an edit, as opposed to a load of clothes unsuitable for the season; I can't see what I've got that way. It's also helpful to be able to identify any gaps in your wardrobe that you could fill, meaning you can shop with an item in mind rather than rebuying the same old thing over and over again.
The same applies to footwear. I have pulled together an 'edit' of 6 staple shoes which would be perfect for the AW14 season; on trend but totally able to work with any number of different looks; and all, at the moment, discounted!
1. The dressy slip on: Whether it's a slipper shoe, a loafer, or, in this case, a heeled ballerina, a low, block heeled shoe like this will be so useful through the autumn; whether with tights and a dress or skirt, or to add a feminine edge to boyfriend jeans, these are a style I always have to hand.
2. The trainer: In a darker colour, this is your day to day shoe. Perfect for running errands or dressing down any look, they are practical as well as fashionable!
3. The monk shoe: Set to be a huge trend for the winter season, the double buckle monk shoe is a beautiful alternative to a brogue or loafer and can look very smart as well as looking gorgeous with jeans. I love the rose gold leather detailing on this pair.
4. The ankle boot: Who could be without an ankle boot in the winter! With jeans, dresses or skirts, these will be your style saviour when the weather turns nasty. I love the small heel on this pair which makes them smart enough to be dressed up for evening as well as looking great worn casually day to day.
5. The ballerina: Another perrenial classic, harder to wear in the winter because they always look best with bare feet. However, take a leaf from Alexa Chung's book and wear them with opaques and a mini skirt for an edgy sixties vibe.
6. The party shoe: After several seasons of sharp points, it's lovely to embrace a pair of more round toed heels; much more comfortable and easier to dance in! The pretty lace detail on this pair elevate them from basic court shoe level and they will be perfect with any party look.
So, that's my key shoe edit for AW; are there any styles you would include?